Know Christ, Share Christ, in community through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We accept the Holy Scriptures as divinely revealed truth to all of mankind and desire to “rightly divide” the Word of God, knowing the scriptures are not of private interpretation. While endeavoring to value and maintain harmony with the entire body of Christ, we do set forth the following essential articles of faith to be held commonly by our membership.
We believe the Holy Bible, consisting of both Old and New Testaments, is the verbally inspired revelation of God to man. Therefore, the Scriptures are the infallible, authoritative rule for all matters of faith and conduct. (II Timothy 3:15-17; I Thessalonians 2:13; II Peter 1:21)
- We believe in the one true God, who is the eternally self-existent Creator and Redeemer of mankind, who has revealed Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Almighty God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11, Matthew 28:19, John 14:26)
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is God manifest in the flesh.
The Scriptures declare:
- His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31,35)
- His sinless life (Hebrews 7:26; I Peter 2:22)
- His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38)
- His redemptive work (I Cor. 15:3; II Cor. 5:21)
- His bodily resurrection (Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:39; I Cor.15:4)
- His exaltation to the right hand of God (Acts 1:9,11; 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3)
- We believe in the spiritual new birth of repentant sinners, which is necessary because sin and death are common to all mankind. Salvation is provided to all those having faith in the Lord Jesus Christ who receive the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit. This experience, provided by the vicarious death and redemptive work of the blood of Jesus Christ, brings a person into a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ providing the means to pursue a holy life. (John 3:3-8; Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; 8:3-4; 10:9-13; I Thessalonians 5:23)
- We believe the baptism in the Holy Spirit, as experienced in the early Christian Church, is promised to all believers in Christ, imparting to them spiritual manifestations and enhancing spiritual gifts (charisma) to edify, encourage, and equip the body of Christ. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-9; I Corinthians 12:1-31)
- We believe the Church of Jesus Christ is the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of the great commission. Each believer, having been born of the Spirit, is a valuable part of the body of Christ. We further believe in a called and ordained five-fold ministry for the purpose of the evangelization of the world, the edifying of the Body of Christ and the administration of the ordinances of Water Baptism and Holy Communion. (Mark 16:15-20; Acts 2:38-39; Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
- We believe in the second coming of Christ to receive the church unto Himself and rule and reign forever. The personal and physical return of Jesus Christ is imminent and will precede His millennial reign upon the earth and the final judgments. Afterward there will be a New Heaven and New Earth, according to His Promise. (John 14:1-3; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; II Peter 3:13; Revelation 11:15; 20:12-13; 21:1)