Extended Version Wellness & Safety Policies
General Wellness Policy for Children and Dream Team
To ensure the health of the other children and team members, we ask that sick children and sick team members not attend any children’s ministry event. It is recommended that a child or team member does not attend church when any of the following symptoms are present:
- A fever of 99 degrees or higher
- Diarrhea or vomiting— no matter what the cause (i.e. medication, teething, etc.)
- Common cold (from onset through one week)
- Any symptom of childhood diseases such as Scarlet Fever,
- German Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox, or Whooping Cough
- Sore throat, constant cough, or croup
- Colored mucus (runny nose that is not clear; in the eyes)
- Any unexplained rash
- Any skin infection: boils, ringworm, impetigo, or any open sores that leak fluid/blood
- Pinkeye, redness of the eyes, or any other eye infection
- Any communicable disease
- Lice — including the presence of eggs or nits
Additional Safety Guidelines
In this season, we are implementing additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures, along with other precautions to re-open safely.
- All toys and surfaces cleaned and sanitized between services.
- No personal belonging permitted, unless medically necessary.
- Drinking fountain closed, water bottles provided.
- Only authorized person permitted in hallway, outside of drop-off/pick-up.
- Strictly enforced use of security badges for check-in/check-out.
- Child only bathrooms, outside of drop-off/pick-up.
Classrooms are held as safe ratios to allow for physical distancing. No less than two dream team members will be staffed in each room.
Parents are encouraged to take a pit stop at the bathroom before dropping off their child for a bathroom break and hand washing. To ensure safety for kids and security for parents our restroom policy is as follows. In the need of a restroom break the child will be escorted by two volunteers aged 18 or over to independently use the restroom. If they were to require assistance during the restroom the caregiver will be notified.
We are not changing diapers in this season. If a child has a dirty diaper, the parent will be notified by text message through the planning center check-in system.
An ID photo is taken of the caregiver and child for their safety, only staff and team members will have access to the photo.
*We will ask for additional consent for any photos taken for promotional purposes.