April 11th, 2021 Curriculum
Summary: Jesus came to show us God's love and set up his kingdom. We see that in his life. We also see it in his death. In Jesus' death, we see an unassuming rescue. Jesus saves us from sin and death. He rescues us from a life of selfishness, loneliness, and sin to an eternal life with God. Jesus came to rescue the lost. To be a light in the darkness. He came to save us from sin, show us God's love, and set up his kingdom. We are forgiven. We are loved. We are rescued.
Series: Luke — Rescue
Big Idea: Jesus is the main character in God’s story
God Story: The Old Testament Points to Jesus | Luke 24:35-49
Key Verse: Because of what the Son has done, we have been set free. Because of Him, all our sins have been forgiven.
1. Watch this week’s video with your kids. Go to the Now Playing Kids playlist on the One Story YouTube channel.
2. Ask your child: Who is the main character in God’s story? What role do you think you play?
3. This week, take some time together to work your way through 1 Corinthians 12 and talk about spiritual gifts. Spiritual gifts are helpful in how we play our role in God’s story, help each other, and share God’s love with others.
For more ways to engage with your kids this week, go to parents.themeetinghouse.com
This Week's Video:
Link to Website:
HCC Kids is a free, fun learning environment, and energy-driven children’s service for everyone between between ages 1-12. We meet weekly, Sunday morning, during the 9:30 am service. We desire and are intentional to teach the children of our community the important fundamental truths of God’s love and word through:
- Fun & Interactive Lessons
- Meaningful & Discipling Relationships
- Powerful Worship & Prayer
All of our volunteers have been through training and completed a background check to assure you that your child is in the best care possible!